Day 28 - Pontevedra

I guess this is the end of the blog.  From Redondela we took a taxi to Arcade and stayed there only one night.  Arcade is smaller town with few facilities and everything was far from the hotel.  I was not getting better either.  The next stage was to Pontevedra, the head of the district and.much larger.  So another taxi to Pontevedra, and a much better hotel.

We have been here two days, still having trouble moving but improving slowly.  I don't think I will be able to walk very far soon.  We have decided to end the pilgrimage right here.  To get the Compostela we would have to go back to Redondela and walk 80 I'm.  It is not going to happen.

I read that only 1 in 5 pilgrims complete the pilgrimage.  We were lucky enough to complete 3 before this one.  We are blessed in having the opportunity to try.

I also have learned once more to appreciate Wonder Woman.  She is proving once more that I couldn't have a better wife.  She has spent the last few days taking care of me with patience and love.

My neck/shoulder injury is very painful but not life treating.  Perhaps is just a lesson to accept life little failures and realized that it has been great for our marriage.  I feel closer and grateful to Wonder Woman after this experience.

Thanks to Our Lady of Fatima and to Santiago apostole for their protection in this journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 17 - To Casa Fernanda in Lugar de Corgo

Day 8 - To Alvaiazere