Day 20 - In Tui

Walked today: 6.8 km
No of steps: 8682 steps
Total walked: 284.9 km

Rest day in Tui.
We got up at 9 am, breakfast and the rest of the morning we spent it visiting the cathedral of Tui.  Original construction dates to the XII century with many improvements over the following centuries.  Magnificent retablos barrocos and amazing religious art.  From the garden there beautiful views of the river and of Portugal beyond.

After the touristy part we visited the chapel of the holy sacrament to think and pray a rosary.

Big Spanish lunch, I had a huge bowl of lentil soup and a very large milanesa with fries and salad plus desert.  I could not finish so much food.

A 30 minutes walk and back to the Posada to lie down all afternoon.  Up just in time to go to back to Mass to the Convento de las Doroteas.  Again, what a privilege to be in the same place where sister Lucia of Fatima had visions of the Holy Trinity and of Our Lady.

Nicola, from Australia, joined us at Mass. It was nice to see her again.

After Mass I  had a chance to talk again with mother Superior Angeles. I suddenly realized that my Camino's purpose is to pray for the spiritual well being of my sons as well as their wives and my grandchildren.  Mother Superior will be praying for all of us. Now I know what I am doing.

We also talked with brother Jose, he really likes to talk, and he walked with us to a cafeteria where we has a snack with Nicola.

End of day and bedtime.

Mary my holy mother, I plead for your intercession on behalf of my sons and their families.  Hail Mary full of Grace 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Blog or not to blog

Day 17 - To Casa Fernanda in Lugar de Corgo

We have started