Day 22 - To Redondela

Walked today: 20.0 km
No of steps: 25,793 steps
Total walked: 327.0 km

Started at dawn, shortly before 9 am. Foggy from the beginning, then drizzle and by 11am rain.

Not much to say today.  I have a very uncomfortable pain in my neck that made the day hard for me. 

The stage has a very steep climb and a very steep down hill.  Both hard going up and the way down hard on my knee.  Wonder Woman as usual being wonderful and caring for me with all the patience of the world.

We saw a few pilgrims, we talked and walked for an hour or two with Bruno from Switzerland.  He is also an old guy and he says el Caminho was in his bucket list. 

When we arrived to the outskirts of Redondela, Brenda said we needed to find a bathroom.  I know that walking into town can take over an hour so when I saw a man going into his house I asked him if she could use his bathroom.  He right away said yes.  Spaniards are always so nice to us.  Nice man with a nice modern home and beautiful children.

We walked into town in the rain not knowing where to go.  There are not many places to stay in Redondela.  Eventually I went to ask in a supermarket and after a consultation of 3 or 4 ladies, they appointed one to tell us where the hotel is.  She guided us to a bakery. Apparently there are very few visitors at this time of the year so they manage the hotel from the bakery.  We did get a nice modern room.

After a shower we went back to the bakery for dinner, pizza, a huge croissant and a cup of hot chocolate so thick that is more like a pudding.

Now, ready for bed and thinking we may take a day off tomorrow and rest here

Oh my Jesus, keep us close to you, we ask you also to bring all our family closer to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 17 - To Casa Fernanda in Lugar de Corgo

To Blog or not to blog

We have started