Day 16 - Braga

Walked today: 11.6 km
No of steps: 14, 850 steps
Total walked: 232.3 km

Still resting.  I have realized that this pilgrimage is now more than I can do. I think I can still finish it but I will have to make it as easy as I can. 

Checking the maps, we are going to skip half dozen kilometres tomorrow in a steep climb.  We'll do the next stage but we will skip Monday's stage.  It is expected that it will rain hard and it is the longest climb of the Caminho Portugués.  El Alto de la Portela Grande.

We will take the bus from Ponte de Lima to Valença, the border with Spain.  We are hoping that I can walk every stage complete from then on.  God willing the knees and the feet will cooperate.

Today we went to spend the day in Braga.  Nice town with several churches from the middle ages. 

The most memorable was the cathedral of course.  It also has a very nice museum of religious articles.

We walked around, we ate a great lunch and took the 3 o'clock bus back to Barcelos.  While waiting for the bus we chatted with an 18 year old Portugués girl.  Her name is Daniela and she is very likeable.

Back at the hotel at 4 pm, we showered, washed clothes and went out to have dinner with Manuela, our friend.  She really feels like family.

After dinner we went to Santo Antonio for mass and a very nice pilgrim blessing.

Portugal is a very devout county of Our Lady and her imagine is everywhere.  It is having an impact on me.  I feel closer to my holy mother Mary.

Hail Mary full of Grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Blog or not to blog

Day 17 - To Casa Fernanda in Lugar de Corgo

We have started