To Blog or not to blog

This time I was not going to blog but several friend keep asking: where is your blog?  So I am going to try.

This would be our (Wonder Woman and me) 4th Camino, this is our history, starting when I was only 70 years old:

1) 2013  Camino Frances; starting in Sarria with Marly Camino.  De Luxe trip, de luxe accomodations, great places to eat, tours around the Camino,and a support bus to start the walk in Sarria  walk only 100km.  When they took us to O'Cebreiro and we saw pilgrims, I mean real pilgrims arriving, I wanted to be one of them.


2) 2014 Camino Frances: starting in Roncesvalles. Around  800 km,  I don't know how we did this.  Wonder Woman had to take me 3 times to emergency.  Northen Spain mountains are so beatiful but sometimes very hard to climb.  It was an incredible adventure and an incredible spiritual experience.



3) 2015 Caminho Portugues: Shorter and easier, Around 650 Km starting in Lisboa.  No doctors this time but lots of blisters and terrible heat.  Unique experience: visiting the basilica of Our Lady of Fatima




Then came 2016; first Wonder Woman had a bad fall and shattered her elbow, needed two surgeries six months apart.  She was totally disabled for 2 months.  She was just coming out of that when my quad tendon on the left knee just broke, totally across.  Another ambulance trip, another surgery and me inmobilized and it took almost 6 months to walk without a cane.

4) 2017 Caminho Portugues:  Crazy old couple goes to try again.  This time worried about Wonder Woman and not knowing if my knee is going to able to take it (I have now a permanent limp). This time we have planned carefully our stages and we have only two of around 20 km and some under 10 km.  We'll start in Tomar, close to 500 km and under the protection of Our Lady and Santiago we hope we can complete the pilgrimage.

If everything works this time we just may be crazy enough to go back.

Comments

  1. Cannot wait to hear about your next adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are blogging! I want to be with you even if i'm not walking with you. So much love to you both! ��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 17 - To Casa Fernanda in Lugar de Corgo

Day 8 - To Alvaiazere