Day 3; Resting in Porto

Walked today: 10.1 km
No of steps: 13150
Total walked: 21.3 km

Last night we went to bed around 7 pm and very quickly I was out.  I woke up at 9:30 am today.  Of course I woke up several times.  I read, I watched a movie but always went back to sleep.  My gadget says I slept 10:30 hours.  My girl was totally out for 14 hours.
We had a nice breakfast at the hotel, I mean, they have anything you may want. Then to do chores, we went to the laundromat and we went to the supermarket.
After that was tourist day.  We walked down the hill to McDonald's and had a small lunch, really,  then we visited the Igreja de San Antonio where we had time to pray a rosary in front of the dolorosa.
We kept walking down towards the river and stop at the train station of San Bento to take pictures of the amazing tile murals.  Down, down, down we got to the Palacio da Bolsa - the old stock market  - it has many interesting things.  The granite stairs were made by hand.  It took 40 years to complete.  The Arab room, has very elaborated decorations.  Just amazing. There are many more interesting things.
The tour took about an hour and we still had time, so we walked down to the riverside.  Lots of tourists, lots of restaurants and bars.  We were thirsty so we sat for a drink.  Vino Verdhe for her and sangria for me. We both got a little tipsy   but the walk back, up, up, up took care of that.  My gadget says I climbed the equivalent of 10 stories.
For dinner, we went to a restaurant we visited two years ago and this time we went for spaghetti, carbonara for her and seafood for me.
It is now 7:30 pm and we will be in bed soon.  Still in recovery mode.
Tomorrow: Fatima

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Blog or not to blog

Day 17 - To Casa Fernanda in Lugar de Corgo

Day 8 - To Alvaiazere