Day 13 to Agueda

Walked today: 22.3 km
No of steps: 28, 875 steps
Total walked: 188.1 km

Today we stayed for breakfast which did not start until 7:30am.  Thus, we did not start walking until 8 am.  By then everyone had left.

It was a bit cold, nice change but we needed our lights jackets and Brenda even got her gloves out.

We walked at a very good pace for  3 hours.  By then we had covered 11 km, that is fast for us. 

We stopped at a small cafe and the lady of that place served us coffee for her and Cha (tea) for me.  I don't understand why all these small places don't have my favorite: coca zero.   Her name is Jackeline and is French but has been here for a long time. She wished is bom viajem and gave us each a kiss.

We walked and walked and we recognized many places.  At around noon I told Brenda that I remembered a place where we had a rest two years ago.  I also said I needed to adjust a boot because it was hurting a little.  The boot came off and Brenda found a pretty good size blister in the heel.

We started to walk again but now that I knew what I had, it hurt even more.  We walked until one o'clock and we found a farmacia where we bought Compeed, the blister patches.  We also found a place to eat a soup with Portuguese bread.   It was moito bom.

At this point we had walked over 17 km and I wimped out.  We took a taxi for the next 5 km to the albergue.

After a rest and a shower we decided to go for dinner at McDonald's.  It is just over 2 km from here.  So we walked (so much easier without the backpack) and when we finally got there... McD was closed for renovations.

Lucky for us there is a Mini preçio, a supermarket, near by.  We went in, we both juice, diet Coke, bread, cold meats, sardines and fruit and we had a pretty good dinner right there.

So now, it is only 7 pm on but we are resting in bed, reading for a while and to sleep early. 

I learned today that three young Mexican children were martyred in Oaxaca around 1520 and that they will be canonised in the next few days.  So I end the day asking them to pray for us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Blog or not to blog

Day 17 - To Casa Fernanda in Lugar de Corgo

We have started