Day 6 - Tomar: Convento de Cristo

Walked today: 11.4 km
No of steps: 14,505
Total walked: 63.4 km

The bad news, the knee is still swollen, the good news there is no pain. 

The plan is to walk tomorrow to Calvinos which is just over 11 km.  The difference being that I will have to carry my backpack. With water it will be around 10 kg.  This is the big test.

Today was an easy day.  This morning we climbed the hill to the Castle of the Templar Knights. We spent the morning exploring and revisiting the different areas.  I already posted some pictures in Facebook.

In the way back we stopped at a supermarket and bough bread, ham an cheese to make our sandwiches and then ate them in the park under the shade of a large tree.  Then I returned to the hotel to rest.  I was there until 4 pm and then we went for a walk into the town and dinner.

It is only 8 pm and I am in bed icing my knee. Tomorrow we start the walk; Caminho de Santiago in the Via Lusitana.

Santiago, apostole of Jesus, protect us in the way to your cathedral and pray for us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Blog or not to blog

Day 17 - To Casa Fernanda in Lugar de Corgo

We have started