Day 1 - Flying out

Distance to Santiago de Compostela: Lots and lots of kilometers
Number of steps today: Close to zero

We have packed and re-packed over and over again.  Today I took another 1/2 kilo out of the backpack.  Still, with all the last minute things I had to add I am back at 7 kg.  Stuff I'll have to carry on my back for the next month and over 500 km.
Day before yesterday I started with a cold, yesterday I rested all day and I am feeling better.  Brenda, Wonder Woman, as always is full of energy running around fixing one more thing before we leave.  He even made me this morning a little bag for my retainer so I will not have to carry the case.  She save me about 20 grams - every little bit counts.
Of course I am counting on my Garmin Vivofit to serve as a watch, as a pedometer, and distance meter.  When I plugged it in this morning it froze.  I was afraid I was our of luck but a call to Garmin help me  fix the problem.  Apparently I should use a Garmin charger (I don't have one) or a computer.  Not a great answer for el Camino.  We'll see how it works.
So it is almost noon, and we are ready now, I think we'll go out for lunch and just wait here until is time to go to the airport. Then we will fly to Brussels where we will arrive around 6 am and then to Porto.  Once we are in Porto, around 12.05 pm, we will have a few things to do before we rest.
On our way!

Our Lady of Fatima pray for us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Blog or not to blog

Day 17 - To Casa Fernanda in Lugar de Corgo

Day 8 - To Alvaiazere